Terms and Conditions
AuroraTV provides a subscription service that allows our members to access Live TV, movies and TV shows streamed over the Internet to certain Internet-connected TVs, computers and other devices.
1.Membership. Your AuroraTV membership will continue month-to-month until terminated. To use the AuroraTV service you must have Internet access and a AuroraTV ready device, and provide a current, valid, accepted method of payment, which you may update from time to time ("Payment Method"). Unless you cancel your membership before your monthly billing date, you authorize us to charge your next month's membership fee to your Payment Method (see "Cancellation" below). You can find specific details regarding your AuroraTV membership by visiting our website and clicking on the "Your Account" link available at the top of the pages of the AuroraTV website under your profile name.
- 2.1.Your AuroraTV membership may start with a free trial. The free trial period of your membership lasts for one day, or as otherwise specified during sign-up and is intended to allow new members and certain former members to try the service.
- 2.2.Free trial eligibility is determined by AuroraTV at its sole discretion and we may limit eligibility to prevent free trial abuse. We reserve the right to revoke the free trial and put your account on hold in the event that we determine that you are not eligible. Members of households with an existing or recent AuroraTV membership are not eligible. We may use information such as device ID, method of payment or an account email address used with an existing or recent AuroraTV membership to determine eligibility. For combinations with other offers, restrictions may apply.
- 2.3.We will charge your Payment Method for your monthly membership fee at the end of the free trial period unless you cancel your membership prior to the end of the free trial period To view the monthly membership price and end date of your free trial period, visit our website and click the "Billing details" link on the "Your Account" page.
- 3.1.Billing Cycle. The membership fee for the AuroraTV service and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of the service, such as taxes and possible transaction fees, will be charged on a monthly basis to your Payment Method on the calendar day corresponding to the commencement of the paying portion of your membership. In some cases your payment date may change, for example if your Payment Method has not successfully settled or if your paid membership began on a day not contained in a given month.
- 3.2.Payment Methods. You can change your Payment Method by visiting our website and clicking on the "Your Account" link. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not change your Payment Method or cancel your account, we may suspend your access to the service until we have obtained a valid Payment Method. When you update your Payment Method, you authorize us to continue charging the updated Payment Method, and you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts. This may result in a change to your payment billing dates. For some Payment Methods, the issuer of your Payment Method may charge you certain fees, such as a foreign transaction fee or other fees relating to the processing of your Payment Method. Local tax charges may vary depending on the Payment Method used. Check with your Payment Method service provider for details.
- 3.3.Cancellation. You can cancel your AuroraTV membership at any time, and you will continue to have access to the AuroraTV service through the end of your monthly billing period. To the extent permitted by the applicable law, payments are non-refundable and we do not provide refunds or credits for any partial-month membership periods or unwatched AuroraTV content. To cancel, go to the "Your Account" page and follow the instructions for cancellation. If you cancel your membership, your account will automatically close at the end of your current billing period. To see when your account will close, click "Billing details" on the "Your Account" page. If you signed up for AuroraTV using your account with a third party as a Payment Method and wish to cancel your AuroraTV membership, you may need to do so through such third party, for example by visiting your account with the applicable third party and turning off auto-renew, or unsubscribing from the AuroraTV service through that third party. You may also find billing information about your AuroraTV membership by visiting your account with the applicable third party.
- 3.4.Changes to the Price and Service Plans. We may change our service plans and the price of our service from time to time; however, any price changes or changes to our service plans will apply to you no earlier than 30 days following notice to you.
- 4.1.You must be 18 years of age, or the age of majority in your province, territory or country, to become a member of the AuroraTV service. Minors may only use the service under the supervision of an adult.
- 4.2.The AuroraTV service and any content viewed through the service are for your personal and non-commercial use only. During your AuroraTV membership we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, license to access the AuroraTV service and view AuroraTV content. Except for the foregoing limited license, no right, title or interest shall be transferred to you. You agree not to use the service for public performances.
- 4.3. You may view the AuroraTV content primarily within the country in which you have established your account and only in geographic locations where we offer our service and have licensed such content. The content that may be available to watch will vary by geographic location and will change from time to time. The number of devices on which you may simultaneously watch depends on your chosen subscription plan and is specified on the "Your Account" page.
- 4.4.AuroraTV regularly makes changes to the service, including the content library. In addition, we continually test various aspects of our service, including our website, user interfaces, promotional features and availability of AuroraTV content. You can at any time opt-out of tests by visiting the "Your Account" page and changing the "Test participation" settings.
- 4.5.Some AuroraTV content is available for temporary download and offline viewing on certain supported devices ("Offline Titles"). Limitations apply, including restrictions on the number of Offline Titles per account, the maximum number of devices that can contain Offline Titles, the time period within which you will need to begin viewing Offline Titles and how long the Offline Titles will remain accessible. Some Offline Titles may not be playable in certain countries and if you go online in a country where you would not be able to stream that Offline Title, the Offline Title will not be playable while you are in that country.
- 4.7.The quality of the display of the AuroraTV content may vary from device to device, and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available through and/or speed of your Internet connection. HD availability is subject to your Internet service and device capabilities. Not all content is available in all formats, such as HD and not all subscription plans allow you to receive content in all formats. Default playback settings on cellular networks exclude HD content. The minimum connection speed for SD quality is 0.5 Mbps; however, we recommend a faster connection for improved video quality. A download speed of at least 5.0 Mbps per stream is recommended to receive HD content (defined as a resolution of 720p or higher). You are responsible for all Internet access charges. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges. The time it takes to begin watching AuroraTV content will vary based on a number of factors, including your location, available bandwidth at the time, the content you have selected and the configuration of your AuroraTV ready device.
- 4.8.The AuroraTV software is developed by, or for, AuroraTV and is designed to enable viewing of AuroraTV content through AuroraTV ready devices. The AuroraTV software may vary by device and medium, and functionalities and features may also differ between devices. You acknowledge that the use of the service may require third party software that is subject to third party licenses. You agree that you may automatically receive updated versions of the AuroraTV and related third-party software.
5.Passwords & Account Access. The member who created the AuroraTV account and whose Payment Method is charged (the "Account Owner") has access and control over the AuroraTV account and the AuroraTV ready devices that are used to access our service. To maintain control over the account and to prevent anyone from accessing the account (which would include information on viewing history for the account), the Account Owner should maintain control over the AuroraTV ready devices that are used to access the service and not reveal the password nor details of the Payment Method associated with the account to anyone. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account. We can terminate your account or place your account on hold in order to protect you, AuroraTV or our partners from identity theft or other fraudulent activity.
- 6.1.Governing Law. These terms will not limit any consumer protection rights that you may be entitled to under the mandatory laws of your country of residence.
- 6.2.Unsolicited Materials. AuroraTV does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for AuroraTV content, and is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas transmitted to AuroraTV.
- 6.6.Electronic Communications. We will send you information relating to your account (e.g. payment authorizations, invoices, changes in password or Payment Method, confirmation messages, notices) in electronic form only, for example via emails to your email address provided during registration.